THE FORUM IS A MEDIA OUTFIT OWNED BY THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF ORLU. WE SPECIALISE IN BRINGING AT YOUR DOORSTEPS DAILY ONLINE NEWS, WEEKLY NEWSPAPER, AND ADVERTISEMENTS. WE ALSO DO ALL SORTS OF PUBLISHING, AND PAPER AND ONLINE COVERAGES. WE ARE ALWAYS THERE TO SERVE YOU BETTER


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgm3sS0Y4swEXV5q0k3BI_etq_zXrHoi5k6P_1K7itu1OMclwS_AegTivXrLcWIp_Rw8r5MJYNOAK1GwYHgoLXkXNnwO0f98oTA8m9m3QfKc4Q-pPg-ZVsS3hlSEkWnbPDC3xhYvbQxBEQ/s1600/FORUM+ADS.png

Monday, 13 March 2017

Punch Newspapers: Court orders arrest of five Imo govt. officials

Punch Newspapers
Breaking News, Nigeria, Africa, News, Entertainment & Video News 
Court orders arrest of five Imo govt. officials
Mar 13th 2017, 15:55, by Olusola Babarinsa

A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri has ordered the arrest of five Imo State Government officials for contempt of court.

The affected officials are the Commissioner for Works and Transport, Mrs Josephine Udoji; Mr Lawrence Eburuoh, the Commissioner for Lands, Survey, and Urban Planning, Mr Lawrence Eburuoh; the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Dr Chibuzor Iwuagwu; the Director of Works, Ministry of Works, Mr C. E. Egbuka, and the Director of Works Imo State Government House, Owerri, Mr Emeka Duru,

Justice Lewis Alagoa, presiding over the civil suit number FHC/OW/133/2016 filed by a former Interior Minister, Capt. Emmanuel Iheancho, against Imo Government, gave the order on Monday due to the absence of all the defendants in court.

Alagoa ordered the Inspector-General of Police and his men to arrest the officials wherever they were sighted across the country.

The court had during its sitting on Nov. 14, 2016, summoned all the defendants to appear before it on Dec. 8, 2016, but none of them showed up.

Counsel to the Defendants, Mrs J. C. Ibe, told the court that the respondents had filed an appeal against the earlier order of the court.

Ibe said that notices of the appeal and stay of proceeding, notice of preliminary objection and affidavit contesting the contempt order against the respondents had been served on the claimant.

However, Counsel to the plaintiff, Chief Ken Njemanze (SAN), said that his client was not aware of any appeal by the respondents as claimed by their counsel.

Njemanze said they looked up to the court on the earlier order made against the respondents, adding that their attitude amounted to total disrespect of court.

He said, "What is discouraging to us in this suit my Lord, is the intentional act of frustrating progress in the suit by the defendants.''

Alagoa, hearing the arguments of the counsels, made the subsequent order and fixed May 2 for continuation of the matter.

Iheancho had gone to court over the demolition of part of his property on Orlu Road in Owerri Urban by construction workers engaged for road expansion by the state government.

(NAN)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. By using Blogtrottr, you agree to our polices, terms and conditions.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions.
Share:
  • DOWNLOADS


  • LATEST FORUM NEWS

    developer

    we Design all kinds of blogs and android app for blogs,

    we design all kinds of standard school and hospital websites,

    get your business, school, hospital etc. running online with cheap cost.

    Contact us: 08060424309

    OUR SERVICES

    We are the publisher of Forum Newspapers, we also cover events such as marriages, burials, birthday parties, jubilee celebrations and other ceremonies . Contact us too for your book publications and General printing jobs.

    CONTACTs: Forum Newspapers Head Office, Human Development resources Center Orlu, opposite Cheshire Home, Imo State or call 08037390633, 08060424309. EMAIL: forumfamily@yahoo.com, or forumpapers@gmail.com

    Adverts

    Copyright © THE FORUM NEWSPAPERS | Powered by Blogger Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com